Today’s pomodoro will focus on organizing your coffee table. This area can sometimes get out of hand quickly. This is especially true if you have a lot of remotes for the various entertainment system appliances. In the next few steps we’ll focus on getting this straightened up, and make it easy to keep that way. The remedy may seem counter intuitive, but it’s actually to add a few more items.
Things You’ll Need
- Serving tray.
- A few small baskets (linen baskets or wicker baskets are my favorite).
- Your favorite cleaning product.
Steps to Organize
- Step 1: Set a 25 minute timer.
- Step 2: Remove everything from your coffee table, including items in drawers or underneath.
- Step 3: Give the entire area a good scrubbing. If you eat here or drink here frequently make sure to put some extra elbow grease into any water marks left behind. Here’s a good article with tips on how to remove these: https://www.rd.com/home/cleaning-organizing/how-to-remove-water-stains-from-wood/
- Step 4: Once the area is clean, use the serving tray as a new centerpiece for your table. It’s amazing how much more organized this simple addition will make the space feel. I like to decorate this addition with a nice candle, vase or ornamental plant (fake or live). I typically will also place any coasters that I have in this area along with the remote controls (organized from largest to smallest).
- Step 5: If you keep games, blankets or video game controllers around your coffee table but don’t have drawers, baskets make great under table additions to hide the clutter. Take any items like this and stow them away in a basket, neatly tucked under the table.
- Step 6: If you have a junk drawer in your coffee table, consider following this pomodoro to get it whipped into shape.
- Step 7: Take a little break and relax on the couch. Light your candles and enjoy the small victory. 🙂
For me, small victories like this go a long way in helping me relax. Coming home to a table full of mess adds anxiety and even the smallest changes can make a huge difference. Give this a shot and let us know how it worked out for you. Post a picture of your success on FB or Instagram with hashtag #smallvictory #dailypomodoro.